Romania Christmas Markets
This year try something new! Explore Romania 's best Christmas Markets on a premium 4-days tour! You will be driven on magic roads, crossing the Carpathian mountains, towards fascinating Transylvania.
Taste the local Christmas specialties and enjoy a glass of mulled wine in this unforgettable winter experience!
Book your premium winter getaway and discover a new and spectacular destination: Romania 's Christmas markets. The winter holidays are special in Romania. We usually get a lot of snow, especially in Transylvania, so the landscape becomes magical. On this spectacular background, the medieval Saxon cities in Transylvania are competing in organizing the most beautiful Christmas market in Romania.
Day 1: Welcome to Bucharest!
A warm welcome to Romania will be extended to you by your certified guide, upon meeting you at Bucharest Henri Coanda Airport. Depending on your arrival flight, after check-in, you can enjoy a short tour of Bucharest and a visit to the Christmas market. Accommodation is included in a 4-stars hotel in Bucharest.
Day 2: Bucharest - Peles Castle - Dracula's Castle - Brasov
After a 2 hours drive from Bucharest, we enter the spectacular landscape of the Carpathian Mountains. Here we make our first stop, in Sinaia. It was in this area that Carol I, Romania's first king, decided to build his summer residence in the 1870s. We will take a tour of the Peles Castle, admiring its beautiful interior woodwork decorations.
Continuing our journey, our next stop is Bran village. Here we will unveil the mystery of Dracula's legend, by visiting the famous medieval fortress. You will learn about its history and how this impressive castle ended up being one of the most visited sites in Romania.
In the evening we will explore the medieval city of Brasov, without missing the famous Christmas Market. Accommodation in a 4-stars hotel.
Total drive for the day: 200 km/125 miles
Day 3: Brasov - Sighisoara - Cluj Napoca
Today we go deeper into the heart of Transylvania and we make our first stop in the charming citadel of Sighisoara. On this occasion, you will get to see one of the few continuously-enhabited citadels in Europe and part of UNESCO World Heritage.
In the second part of the day, we reach Cluj Napoca, the unofficial capital of Transylvania, and the country's second-largest city. Different from any other city in Romania, Cluj is a successful mix between modern and classic.
In the evening you will have time to thoroughly discover the city. One of Romania's best Christmas markets is waiting for you. Accommodation included in a 4-stars hotel.
Total drive for the day: 270 km/170 miles
After a nice rest and a good breakfast, we start to get in shape for another exciting day.
Driving through the snow, we head towards the medieval city of Sibiu. First, we stop for lunch, and then we will do a walking tour of the historic center. Due to the nice buildings in this area, the city has been chosen as the European Cultural Capital in 2007. On this occasion, numerous houses, and roads have been restored. As such, the city looks new, but with a medieval air.
We can not end the tour without visiting probably the best Christmas market in Romania. It is organized in the Large Square of the city and thousands of tourists are visiting it every year.
From Sibiu, there will be a long but beautiful ride to Bucharest. We will cross the mountains once again, through Olt river valley.
Drop off at the airport or your hotel in Bucharest.
Total drive for the day: 450 km/ 280miles
- Visit the Christmas markets in Bucharest, Brasov, Cluj Napoca, and Sibiu
- Bucharest sightseeing tour
- The fairytale-like Peles Castle and the mysterious Bran Castle
- Brasov, one of the most important medieval cities in Romania
- Sighisoara, one of the best-preserved inhabited citadels in Europe
- Cluj-Napoca, the unofficial capital of Transylvania
- Sibiu, Europe's Cultural Capital in 2007
- Small group of max. 6 persons
- Transportation by modern minivan (model 2022)
- Certified English-speaker guide
- Airport pick-up, drop off
- 3 nights of accommodation in a 4-stars hotel or equivalent, in a double room
- Flight tickets to Bucharest Otopeni Airport
- Lunch and dinner
- Entrance fees
- Photo/video taxes
- Hotel extra services (e.g. minibar, massage, room service, etc.)
- Extra night in Bucharest
- Dates available: December 2023
- For your flexibility, the tour is also available as a PRIVATE TOUR. Please contact us for more details.
- Children below 6 years old receive a 50% discount
- Booking this tour requires full prepayment at the moment of booking
- Flexible cancellation policy
- below price is available for bookings of min. 6 participants