Transylvania On The Map
Book now your 2-days journey into the heart of Transylvania. Don't miss any of its landmarks and discover fairy-tale castles, medieval cities, fortified churches and impressive citadels. Learn about the Saxon culture and taste the local cuisine.
Hotel pick up will take place early in the morning, to allocate the necessary time to see all the beautiful places we have planned for the day!
In less than 2 hours driving we will arrive in the beautiful city of Sinaia, where we will visit Romania's Royal Family former summer residence. Peles Castle is ranked by many important European newspapers as one of the most beautiful castles in Europe. It is surrounded by a peaceful setting with the Carpathians in the background and impressive gardens on terraces. The story of Peles castle begins in 1873, when the newly appointed king Carol the First felt in love with this area and decided to buy here a large estate from his own private money.
As we approach Bran Castle, we can't help but admire this impressive cliff built stone construction, which was first mentioned, (within this form), back in 1377. It is definitely one of the most picturesque and mysterious castles in Europe and its major transformation took place during Queen Mary's reign. The castle offers spectacular views from the terrace, being located between Bucegi and Piatra Craiului Mountains. As for Count Dracula's legend, we will leave you to find out what is true and what is not...
Brasov, our next stop, is a mix of Baroque and Gothic style, medieval watchtowers and colored Saxon houses. Needless to say, the best known of all is the Council Square, which accommodates both residents, curious tourists, high towers, coquette cafes and restaurants. We will take a walk on the old city center's cobbled street and we encourage you to discover the narrowest of them all, the Rope Street, to admire the largest Gothic church in South Eastern Europe, the Black Church and Tampa hill, on which an old Hollywood sign stands, displaying the name of this mesmerizing city.
In the evening we will arrive in a very well preserved medieval citadel. With its relationship to the past, Sighisoara is the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler and with its connection to the present, is a UNESCO World Heritage site. While here, get to admire the medieval architecture through the churches and clock towers and reward yourself with a mesmerizing view of the city, after climbing a covered long stairway.
After breakfast, we will check out and continue our exciting journey in Transylvania.
Getting to Biertan, one of the best-known Saxon villages in Transylvania feels like going back to original roots, a peaceful state of mind, to a less worried and much simpler life. Walking through the colored houses feels like adding a memory to very important collection of feelings. The village's impressive fortified church is accessible by a long-covered stairway and once up, you can enjoy a magnificent panoramic view. At the top of the stairway, there is also a room called the divorce jail, where couples were obliged to stay under the same roof, to see if they could solve their differences.
- The fairytale-like Peles Castle and the mysterious Bran Castle
- Brasov, one of the most important medieval cities in Romania
- Sighisoara, one of best preserved inhabited citadels in Europe
- Biertan, a Saxon village listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1993
- Sibiu, Europe Cultural capital in 2007 and European Gastronomic Region in 2019
- Cozia Monastery, important religious settlement in Vallachia
- Private tour
- Transportation with premium car/SUV or minivan, 2018-2020 models
- Certified English-speaker guide
- Prick-up and return at your hotel in Bucharest
- Accommodation in a 4 star hotel in Sighisoara, in double-occupancy room
- Entrance fees (approx. 20 euro per person)
- Photo/video taxes
- Hotel extra services (e.g. Minibar, massage, room service, etc.)
- 1 person - 580 euro
- 2 persons - 300 euro / person
- 3 persons - 230 euro / person
- 4-5 persons - 220 euro / person
- 6-7 persons - 215 euro / person
- Payment in cash or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX) at the beginning of the tour
- The below starting-price is applicable for a minimum of 8 persons