Legend of the Golden Prince
Interested in discovering sights less known by tourists in Bucharest surroundings? Eager to learn about local legends of Princes and noble families? Book this 1 day tour from Bucharest and unveil their mysteries!
Start the tour at your own convenient hour. A private car will pick you up from your hotel in Bucharest. Make yourself comfortable while your professional English-speaker guide will offer you interesting information about Bucharest surroundings.
First stop will be at Potlogi, where Prince Constantin Brancoveanu built a palace for his elderly son, who was next to the throne of the country. The Prince was one of the richest in Europe and his impressive wealth attracted the Sultan's envy. He ordered the Prince to be captured and decapitated in Istanbul, together with all his 4 sons. After this tragic event, the Ottomans bombed the thick walls of the palace for days in order to reach the secret treasury room. They were hoping to get to Brancoveanu's gold. The palace has recently been restored and its interiors take you back in medieval time. They will speak to you about the opulent life the Prince's family used to live here.
After visiting the palace and its beautiful gardens, we will drive to Pitesti, where we will have lunch in a local restaurant. You choose the food and we will offer the wine! Your wine-enthusiastic guide can recommend you the perfect Romanian wine, best pairing the food you choose.
In the second part of the day, we will visit Golesti Museum. It is less known by tourists, but has an impressive history. The property belonged to one of the most influential noble family in Wallachia, the Golescu Family. 3 of the 5 children of the family later became Prime Ministers and played an important role in the 1848 Revolution. You will enjoy a carriage ride through the Village Museum, which is now organized on this large estate.
After a captivating day in Bucharest surroundings, you will head back to your hotel.
- The fairytale-like Potlogi Palace
- Medieval interiors of Potlogi Palace, in unique Brancovenesc architectural style
- Rural manor of Golescu Family, at Golesti
- An impressive exhibition of traditional Romanian houses
- Private tour
- Transportation by premium-class vehicle/SUV or minivan
- Certified English-speaker guide
- Pick-up and return at your hotel in Bucharest
- Entrance fees (approx. 8 euro)
- Photo/video taxes
- Other personal expenses
- Tour is not available on Mondays
- 1 person - 235 euro
- 2 persons - 125 euro / person
- 3 persons - 115 euro / person
- 4-5 persons - 110 euro / person
- 6-7 persons - 100 euro / person
- Children below 10 years old receive 50% discount
- Payment in cash or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX) at the beginning of the tour
- The below starting price is applicable for a minimum of 8 persons