Bear Sanctuary and Dracula's Castle
Book an emotional experience at the Bear Sanctuary and hear the stories of more than 100 rescued bears. Unveil the mystery behind the legend at Dracula's Castle
The day will start early as visits to the Bear Sanctuary are only in the morning. It will take us approx. 3 hours to get there, but the landscapes will make it worth it! The visit will take approx. 1 hour and you can take as many pictures as you want with your mobile phone. During the tour, you will hear the happy ending story of many bears who were rescued from unimaginable conditions they had to endure for years.
Second on our list is the famous Bran Castle. It was built in the 13th century by the Teutonic Knights (out of wood) and then strengthened by the Saxons in the 14th century. The fortress offered protection to the border between Wallachia and Transylvania during the invasions of Otomans, Tatars, and other migrating tribes. Nowadays the castle is very much linked to Dracula, the main character in Bram Stocker's famous novel. Unveil the truth behind the legend and discover other interesting stories about this impressive fortification.
On your way back to Bucharest you can admire Bucegi mountains and many of Romania's ski resorts.
- Visit the Libearty Bear Sanctuary in Zarnesti
- Unveil the truth behind Dracula's legend at Bran Castle
- The duration of the tour is approx. 10 hours
- Private tour
- Transportation by premium-class vehicle/SUV or minivan (2020-2022 models)
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest
- Certified English-speaker guide
- Entrance fees
- Other personal expenses (e.g. souvenirs, etc.)
- Please note that children below 5 years old are not allowed in the Bear Sanctuary
- A medium amount of walking/stair climbing is required, on an unpaved road
- Departure time - 06.30 am, 07:00 am
- 1 person - 330 euro
- 2 persons - 170 euro/person
- 3 persons - 135 euro/person
- 4-5 persons - 120 euro/person
- 6-7 persons - 100 euro/person
- Payment in cash or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard) at the beginning of the tour
- The below starting price is applicable for groups of a minimum of 6 persons