Bear Sanctuary and Dracula's Castle
Book an emotional experience at the Bear Sanctuary and hear the stories of more than 100 rescued bears. Unveil the mystery behind the legend at Dracula's Castle and take a tour through the old city centre of Brasov, admiring it's Saxon urban architecture.
Day will start early as visits to the Bear Sanctuary are only in the morning. It will take us approx. 3 hours to get there, but the landscapes will make it worth it! The visit will take approx. 1 hour and you can take as many pictures as you want with your mobile phone. During the tour you will hear the happy-ending story of many bears which were rescued from unimaginable conditions they had to endure for years.
Second on our list is the famous Bran Castle. It was built in the 12th century by the Teutonic Knights (out of wood) and then strengthened by the Saxons in the 14th century. The fortress offered protection to the border between Vallachia and Transylvania during the invasions of Otomans, Tatars and other migrating tribes. Nowadays the castle is very much linked to Dracula, main character in Bram Stocker's famous novel. Unveil the truth behind the legend and discover other interesting stories about this impressive fortification.
After this history lesson, we go for an interesting walking tour in Brasov's old city center. Once the richest city in Transylvania, the city had very strict functioning rules imposed by the Saxon discipline. Your guide will the you about its history and will show you the Black Church, largest religious construction in SE Europe. You will end up the tour with a walk on one of Europe's narrowest street: the Rope street.
On your way back to Bucharest you can admire Bucegi mountains and many of Romania's ski resorts.
- Visit the Bear Sanctuary in Zarnesti
- Unveil the truth behind Dracula's legend at Bran Castle
- Take a walking tour through Brasov Old City centre
- Duration of the tour is approx. 12 hours
- Private tour
- Transportation by premium-class vehicle/SUV or minivan
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel in Bucharest
- Certified English-speaker guide
- Entrance fees (60 lei for Bear Sanctuary and 45 lei at Bran Castle)
- Other personal expenses (e.g. souvenirs, etc.)
- Please note that children below 5 years old are not allowed in the Bear Sanctuary
- Medium amount of walking is required
- Tour is not available on Mondays
- Departure time - 07:00am
- 1 person - 280 euro
- 2 persons - 145 euro/person
- 3 persons - 135 euro/person
- 4-5 persons - 125 euro/person
- 6-7 persons - 115 euro/person
- Booking this tour requires a 50% non-refundable deposit at the moment of booking
- Payment in cash or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX) at the beginning of the tour
- The below starting price is applicable for groups of a minimum of 6 persons