A Wine And Dine Experience
Sip and savor the most appreciated Romanian wines, take a tour of a local winery and learn about the history of wine-making in Romania. Discover local cuisine, by tasting "Plescoi sausages", element of proud and identity for a small village in Southern Romania. Visit the "Muddy Volcanoes" National Reservation and admire the selenar landscape carefully crafted by the volcanoes.
Your guide will meet you in the morning at the reception desk of your hotel and then you start your journey toward the Sub-Carpathian hills.
Getting to appreciate wines involves also learning to like different flavors, in rich combinations. As we approach the winery, bear in mind that experience will only get you closer to understand the difference between a great and a good wine. Galileo once said: “Wine is sunlight, held together by water.” As we arrive to Dealu Mare (The Great Hill), we are also getting closer to thousands of years of history and excellent wine quality. And so the tasting begins!
Lunch will be served in an authentic place in Berca, chosen by the tourists in top 10 pensions in Romania. The stars of the menu are for sure the "Plescoi sausages", element of local identity for this small village. We invite you to taste them and hear their story.
The Muddy Volcanoes! A surreal selenar landscape, in contrast with the sky, seems to be the words on people's lips when visiting for the first time this unique Romanian landscape. Despite not being the scary type of volcanoes, they are active ones, as gas is continuously pushing mud to the surface, at lower speed. Walking around the area, jumping of craters or climbing them will for sure be one of the highlights of the day.
Wrapping up the day, you will be richer in wine culture, within a country where long before the Roman conquest, was a winery land. Muddy volcanoes will also remain in your memory as a unique place and scenery.
- The spectacular muddy volcanoes and their selenar landscape
- Wine tasting at one of the most prestigious wineries in Romania
- Traditional lunch, with local sausages
- Private tour
- Transportation by premium-class vehicle/SUV, or minivan
- Wine-tasting and snacks (tour of the cellar and 5 premium wines)
- Certified English-speaker guide
- Pick-up and return to your hotel in Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Photo/video taxes
- Wine-tasting is available only for adults (above 18 years old)
- 1 person - 265 euro
- 2 persons - 140 euro/person
- 3 persons - 130 euro/person
- 4-5 persons - 120 euro/person
- 6-7 persons - 115 euro/person
- Booking this tour requires a 50% non-refundable deposit at the moment of booking
- Payment in cash or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX) at the beginning of the tour
- The below starting price is applicable for groups of a minimum of 8 persons